Preventative and Wellness Care
Annual Exams Help Keep Your Pet Healthy!
Your dog or cat's health care begins with regular wellness exams. At Eagan Pet Clinic, we recommend that all pets receive a complete physical examination at least once a year, though more frequent exams may be recommended. Wellness exams play an important role in both the prevention of commonly treatable illnesses and conditions and the early detection of any health problems.
Our annual wellness exams address several components of optimal pet health:
- Comprehensive physical examination including evaluation of the eyes, ears, skin, joints and auscultation of the heart and lungs
- Complete oral and dental examination
- Detection of any early signs of illnesses or potential health issues before they develop or progress
- Annual heartworm testing and prevention
- Recommendations for flea, tick and internal parasite prevention and control
- Administration of core vaccinations and discussion on whether your pet's lifestyle warrants administering any of our non-core vaccinations
- Annual fecal testing to detect internal parasites
- Analysis and treatment of any changes in your pet's health, such as pain management, weight gain or loss, and any other subtle changes that may not be evident at home.
Perhaps most importantly, our wellness examinations help us understand your expectations as a pet owner and establish a lasting relationship with you and your pet. Through annual physical examinations, other wellness procedures, and consultations with you, we get to know your pet and learn about his or her lifestyle, personality, home environment, and other important information. This allows us to give your animal the highest quality, individualized care throughout its life.